Easy and cute snacks to get you in the Halloween spirit.
Ghost Chocolate covered strawberries
What you need:
1 pound (around 20) strawberries
6 ounces of white chocolate
1 pound of milk chocolate
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave for 15 seconds, stir and then microwave again for another 15 seconds. Repeat until fully melted.
- Line a plate or sheet with parchment paper. When the chocolate is fully melted, dip strawberries into the chocolate and then place on the parchment paper until fully cooled.
- Melt the milk chocolate. Once meted put into a ziplock bag, cut of the end of a corner of the ziplock bag.
- Pipe milk chocolate onto the strawberries to make eyes and mouth look like a ghost.
Easy Orange Pumpkins and banana ghost
What you need:
5 lb of small oranges (around 15 oranges)
One cluster of bananas (around 8 bananas)
- Peel all oranges
- Cut celery into small pieces.
- Put the celery into the top of the oranges to make it look like a stem
- Peel bananas and cut bananas in half.
- Put chocolate chips in the bananas to look like eyes.
1 punnet strawberries (frozen if fresh are unavailable)
1 tbsp honey
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
2 cups milk
1 tub fresh cream
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 candy eyeballs
- Place the strawberries in a food processor with the honey and blitz until smooth. Set aside.
- Put the ice cream and the milk into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Whip the cream with the sugar and the vanilla extract and set aside.
- Pour the strawberry puree into the bottom of an ice cream sundae glass.
- Pour chocolate syrup around the rim of the glass, allowing it to drip down the glass.
- Pour the milkshake into the glasses leaving a little room at the top for the cream.
- Top with whipped cream and place one candy eyeball on top of each milkshake.
- Top with strawberry syrup and serve immediately.