Hi-Life Online

Filed under Showcase, Sports

Achieving Greatness

Athletes showcase their abilities the on court.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Achieving Greatness

Sneakers squeak echoes in the empty gym as sophomore Lejuan Miller works to improve his ball handling skills to prepare for his first varsity season.

“I would say I have improved my shot, but my ball handling needs some work,” Miller said.

Miller is inexperienced on the varsity court, but he continues to strive for a varsity role in just his sophomore season.

“My biggest goal for this season is to earn close to a starting spot, or at least have a important role on varsity,” Miller said.

The goals for the team stay the same every year, and the players just want to be the best they can be, and go as far as they can possibly go. Out of nearly two dozen practices the Tigers have completed everyday for starting varsity spots.

“We have had 25 practices and I have been happy on 23 of those, so we’ve only had two days I have been unhappy,” head coach Blake Little said.

The roster has depth this year so the coaches have a lot of players to choose from. Effort and dedication to achieve the team goals has been a tradition for this team.

“The goals don’t really change, our goal is to be the best we can be and working hard every year. We have a deep roster this year,” Little said.

Most of the players just enjoy the sport and want to just have fun with their teammates and look forward to enjoying the game of basketball and want to have an important role on varsity. Sophomore Lejuan Miller is striving for an important spot on varsity.

“I know a lot of the players and we just enjoy playing against each other and making eachother better,” Miller said.

Sweat hits the floor after miller finishes his long workout in the gym, after months of working hard in an empty gym miller will shift his focus on filling gyms with his plays.